From a compliance perspective, organizations need to have a hardening standard derived from an authoritative source with solid engineering-based reasons of why we depart from any of the recommendations. Most organizations use the Center for Internet Security (CIS) Hardening Benchmarks because that choice is easy to defend. The CIS benchmarks… Continue reading
Search this site
Check out my other project…
- Create an EC2 that runs Chrome for sandboxed websurfing
- Check Multiple AWS S3 Buckets for Missing Default Encryption
- The Equifax Data Breach and the Apache Struts Vulnerability
- Test Early, Test Often
- Linux Hardening
- Information Security at Startup Companies
- Timestamp bash_history with every command
- Has SHA-1 been hacked?
Data Localization Laws And Their Impact on Privacy, Data Security And the Global Economy (start on page 109 of PDF)
Buzzword alert: "War Cloud"
Google Cloud is suffering a serious outage with services affected including Nest, Kubernetes and more. Issue is global in scale. What we know thus-far. https://www.cbronline.com/news/google-cloud-down #GCPdown #Nest #Kubernetes