From a compliance perspective, organizations need to have a hardening standard derived from an authoritative source with solid engineering-based reasons of why we depart from any of the recommendations. Most organizations use the Center for Internet Security (CIS) Hardening Benchmarks because that choice is easy to defend. The CIS benchmarks… Continue reading
Search this site
Check out my other project…
- Create an EC2 that runs Chrome for sandboxed websurfing
- Check Multiple AWS S3 Buckets for Missing Default Encryption
- The Equifax Data Breach and the Apache Struts Vulnerability
- Test Early, Test Often
- Linux Hardening
- Information Security at Startup Companies
- Timestamp bash_history with every command
- Has SHA-1 been hacked?
🌤️☁️ Subscribe to the new Cloud Security channel for great content from @KyleHaxWhy @emjohn20 @mosesrenegade @KennethGHartman and other SANS instructors and authors!
The Verge: Microsoft’s new Windows File Recovery tool lets you retrieve deleted documents.
Can you articulate the difference? https://www.techradar.com/news/cloud-computing-vs-edge-computing
Great SANS Cloud Security content, now with the convenience of YouTube: https://sansurl.com/cloudsecyoutube