In yesterday’s post, I introduced a tool (graph_file_entropy.py) that I created to visualize the frequency distribution of the bytes in a file. For today, I will show the results of using this tool for a cursory examination of the Shannon entropy of various, common file formats. This will illustrate benefits… Continue reading
Search this site
Check out my other project…
- Create an EC2 that runs Chrome for sandboxed websurfing
- Check Multiple AWS S3 Buckets for Missing Default Encryption
- The Equifax Data Breach and the Apache Struts Vulnerability
- Test Early, Test Often
- Linux Hardening
- Information Security at Startup Companies
- Timestamp bash_history with every command
- Has SHA-1 been hacked?
🌤️☁️ Subscribe to the new Cloud Security channel for great content from @KyleHaxWhy @emjohn20 @mosesrenegade @KennethGHartman and other SANS instructors and authors!
The Verge: Microsoft’s new Windows File Recovery tool lets you retrieve deleted documents.
Can you articulate the difference? https://www.techradar.com/news/cloud-computing-vs-edge-computing
Great SANS Cloud Security content, now with the convenience of YouTube: https://sansurl.com/cloudsecyoutube